Copy Row on Last Day not working

Matthew Barrett
edited 08/02/21 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a sheet with a single row of data:

Primary / Date / Count of <type1> Projects / Sum of <type 1> Project Days / Count of <type2> Projects / Sum of <type 2> Project Days / Total Projects / Average days

Primary column has a 1 in the cell. The rest of the row cells are formulas. Date is =today().

I want to copy that row to a monthly log on the last day of each month using the following automation but it has not copied the past two months. Any suggestions as to why this will not work?

-Matthew

Tags:

Best Answer

• Brett Wyrick
    Brett Wyrick ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey Matthew.

Can you change the "Condition" to "Primary Column" to "is not blank"? That'd still meet your requirement for this sheet, right?

I'm just spitballin' here, but I'm thinking that the "Primary Column" is getting read as a string instead of an integer, which is not triggering the automation. Just a guess. Can you give that a test run? (You can change the "Trigger" to "When a date is reached" then select Today at whatever time you'd like).

If this answer answers your question, please press "Yes" above - it helps the community (and those random Googlers out there 👀) find solutions like yours faster.

Love,

Brett Wyrick | Connect with me on LinkedIn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2023 update: I'm no longer working on Smartsheet stuff. I started working at Microsoft in 2022, plus I have 1-year-old twins at home and frankly, I don't have enough time to do Smartsheet anymore. It's been real, Smartsheeters!

Answers

• Brett Wyrick
    Brett Wyrick ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey Matthew.

Can you change the "Condition" to "Primary Column" to "is not blank"? That'd still meet your requirement for this sheet, right?

I'm just spitballin' here, but I'm thinking that the "Primary Column" is getting read as a string instead of an integer, which is not triggering the automation. Just a guess. Can you give that a test run? (You can change the "Trigger" to "When a date is reached" then select Today at whatever time you'd like).

If this answer answers your question, please press "Yes" above - it helps the community (and those random Googlers out there 👀) find solutions like yours faster.

Love,

Brett Wyrick | Connect with me on LinkedIn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2023 update: I'm no longer working on Smartsheet stuff. I started working at Microsoft in 2022, plus I have 1-year-old twins at home and frankly, I don't have enough time to do Smartsheet anymore. It's been real, Smartsheeters!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Matthew Barrett

I hope you're well and safe!

Strange!

• Have you looked for clues in the Activity Log?
    • Have you looked in the other sheet at the bottom?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I ran a few tests based on the suggestions received. Changing the condition to "Primary Column" not blank worked.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Matthew Barrett

Excellent!

Glad you got it working!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.