Changing currency on a column where the "if" formula has been used.

Hello.

I am making a sheet where I use an "if" formula:

=IF([Responsible]@row = "Anders Larsen"; [Total Amount]@row; "") + IF([Responsible no.2]@row = "Anders Larsen"; [Total Amount]@row; "")

This Gives me number, however I am unable to change that number into a currency. why is that, and/or how can I fix it?

sidenote:

I am aware that I could use the "sumifs" formula. however, it is very important that there aren't any false values (by false I mean values = 0), and "sumif" automatically writes in 0 when the criteria's aren't met. That is why the "if" ends with "", so it remains blank if it isn't above zero.

thank you in advance.

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/05/21 Answer ✓

@Frederik Soerensen

Glad we got it working! (Me & Bassam)

Here's the formula for everyone.

=IF(VALUE(IF([Project PTA]@row = "Anders Larsen", [Total Amount]@row, "") + 
    IF([Project PTA Secondary]@row = "Anders Larsen", [Total Amount]@row, "")) = 0, "", 
    VALUE(IF([Project PTA]@row = "Anders Larsen", [Total Amount]@row, "") + 
    IF([Project PTA Secondary]@row = "Anders Larsen", [Total Amount]@row, "")))

Please support the Community by marking the post(s) that helped or answered your question or solved your problem with the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!