Is there a formulas to match a result in a column to a dropdown list column

Hi Team,

I have two columns in my sheet (as per screenshot).

• Is there a formula that would match the result in "Month Only" column to "Month" column (which is a dropdown list)?
  • PS: Why I need two similar columns in my sheet (you might wonder) - cos my colleague wants a Card View via months and my "Month Only" is not a dropdown list :)

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

Hi @Janice Phua

Hope you are fine, as i see you have a column format formula in the [Month Only] column.

so the value is populated from deferent sheet or column?

did you want the value in "month" column to be = to the value in [Month Only] column?

if this is what you need just use the following formula

Month@row =  [Month Only]@Row

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

β˜‘οΈ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

Hi @Janice Phua

Hope you are fine, as i see you have a column format formula in the [Month Only] column.

so the value is populated from deferent sheet or column?

did you want the value in "month" column to be = to the value in [Month Only] column?

if this is what you need just use the following formula

Month@row =  [Month Only]@Row

PMP Certified

β˜‘οΈ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Janice Phua
    Janice Phua ✭✭✭

Hi @Bassam Khalil, yes I have a formula in the [Month Only] column - the data is from the same sheet (think you provided some help for me when I created this formula).

Thank you for the formula =[Month Only]@row and it actually triggered a solution that I wanted to resolved i.e. Card View via months 😁

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/04/21

@Janice PhuaΒ 

Excellent, i will be happy to help you any time.

PMP Certified

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!