Conditioning Formating

Options

How do you set condition formating in a column using RAG bubbles for the following conditions:

1. Green bubble should appear if the temperature is 118-130 F
  2. Yellow bubble if temperature is <118 F
  3. Red bubble if temp is 130 F

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Vinton Douglas 

Hope you are fine, please try the following formula and convert it to column format formula:

=IFERROR(IF(AND([temperature ( F )]@row >= 118, [temperature ( F )]@row <= 130), "Green",
    IF([temperature ( F )]@row > 130, "Red", "Yellow")), "")

The following screenshot shows the result:

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Vinton Douglas
    Options

Hi Bassam,

This is excellent and what I am hoping to achieve. I am however unable to achieve the outcome results of the bubble when I insert the formulla. Are you available for me to share the sheet?

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/08/21
    Options

@Vinton Douglas 

yes please share me as an admin and i will fix it for you. the conditional formatting column must be Symbol type ( RGB )

My Email: Bassam.k@mobilproject.it

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Vinton Douglas 

i fix it for you please check, but you need to convert it to column format formula.

PMP Certified

• Vinton Douglas
    Options

Thank you very much Bassam,, you are a genius! The only issue I now discovered is that if the section under temperature remains blank after removing. an input, the bubble remains yellow. Please have a look at the shared sheet.. Grateful if the section under temperature where there is no input, for no yellow bubble to be displayed.

Thanks again.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Vinton Douglas

Ok I will fix it tomorrow because am out now.

PMP Certified

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@@Vinton Douglas

I Fix it, please check:

=IFERROR(IF(temperature@row = "", "", IF(AND(temperature@row >= 118, temperature@row <= 130)
    ,"Green", IF(temperature@row > 130, "Red", "Yellow"))), "")

PMP Certified

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!