Calculating a due date based on date received in hours vs days

Options

Hello!

I am intaking orders from my clients. A date, with hours and minutes, automatically records when a row is entered. I would like to set up a column for a due date that uses the same date/hours/minutes display.

Example: A row is entered and a date with hours and minutes is automatically recorded. An express order is due in four hours. I would like to be able to set a due date based on the timestamp (date/hours/minutes) that a row was entered.

I would like to be able to organize my sheet by hours vs days.

There may be a good formula for this, however, I have not seemed to find one.

Thanks for any help!!!

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Nicole Headrick

Hope you are fine, Unfortunately, this feature for time support functions is not currently available. You can submit Smartsheet Product Enhancement Requests using this form.

but you can play around, Please add a copy of your sheet or a screenshot (after removing or replacing any sensitive information). This will make it easier for me to provide the appropriate answer to your question.

Or if you like me to fix the formula directly on your sheet please share me as an admin on a sample copy of your sheets ( Source & Destination ) and i will Create the exact formula for you then you can copy it to your original sheet.

My Email for sharing : Bassam.k@mobilproject.it

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• @Bassam.k@mobilproject.it

Hello!

Thank you so much for checking out my question. I'll be happy to share my sheet with you. I will send you an invitation. My problem is I have turn-around times based upon hours rather than days. I have express items due in four hours, same-day items due based upon the time submitted plus five hours, 24 hours, and 48 hours.

I feel like a formula may work, however, Smartsheet does not have an easy solution. This is a MAJOR drawback for me. Any help is appreciated!!!

Thank you,

Nicole

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!