Smartsheet and QuickBooks Integration - "Amount is not equal" Error

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate Smartsheet and QuickBooks Online using Zapier. I'm having two issues:

1. When I use the trigger "When a row is updated" it looks to see any time the row is updated. I only want to send to quickbooks when a specific CELL in that row is updated. Is there a way to do that? (The workaround for this would be to have a copy row automation that is triggered when the specific cell is updated and then have zapier look for new rows on the second sheet....)
  2. I keep getting an error when I try to test my Zap: "'Amount is not equal to UnitPrice * Qty. Supplied". I don't want to put in an amount! it should figure it out on it's own based on the Quantity and Rate that the zap is pulling in from my Smartsheet. Why is it making put in an amount???? What am I suppose to be putting in?

Thank you!

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Automations 1

1) I personally don't have a Zapier account to test this, but based on the resources I found online it looks like you're correct - the "When a row is updated" trigger will be triggered based on any update in any column. I couldn't see a way to add a column specifier into the trigger from Zapier (reviewing this tutorial video I found on youtube).

You may want to post in the Zapier Community to confirm this, but I would suggest your workaround of copying the row to a helper sheet would be the way to proceed.

2) It sounds like this may have to do with your QuickBooks set up. Do you have a column in Smartsheet called [UnitPrice] and another one called [Qty Supplied]? If so, why not set up the formula in Smartsheet as a Column Formula to perform the calculation before the Zap runs. Let me know if this works!

If you're still having issues, it would be helpful to see screen captures of your sheet (but please block out sensitive data) along with screen captures of your Zapier set up.

Thanks,

Genevieve

• Automations 1
    Automations 1 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Genevieve P. Thanks for getting back to me.

1. I thought of this, but it's a little annoying to do so, but I may not have a choice :)
    2. I did what you suggested and named my columns as such, but no luck :( I'm going to try Integromat and see if I have any luck with that.
  • Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Automations 1

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Genevieve's excellent advice/answer.

You should be able to add a Filter in Zapier, so it only continues according to what you need.

Make sense?

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Thank you, @Andrée Starå! I thought it was a bit odd that you couldn't specify, but I haven't worked with Zapier myself. I really appreciate you stepping in!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P.

Happy to help!

Yes, it's possible, but it can be quite a task to get it not to trigger when you don't want it to and similar.

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.