Counting in a Summary field with multiple conditions

Options
Jeana
Jeana ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I need to use a Summary field to Count when the following conditions are met in a Sheet:

If Indent Level = 3 AND End Date is between a specific date range (using TODAY), AND the job is not complete, AND the Task Owner is ANY of the following:

CopyeditAMT@user.com or PadletAMT@user.com or LayoutAMT@user.com

Here's what I'm trying without success:

=COUNTIFS([Calc if Done]:[Calc if Done], AND(@cell =0), AND(@cell[End Date]:[End Date], AND(@cell >= TODAY(), @cell <= TODAY(+7), AND(OR(@cell, [Task Owner] = "CopyeditAMT@nwea.org", [Additional Resources]= "CopyeditAMT@nwea.org"), [Indent Level][Indent Level], @cell = 3))))

Getting #UnParsable

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/28/21 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Jeana

I hope you're well and safe!

Try something like this.

=COUNTIFS([Calc if Done]:[Calc if Done], 0, [Indent Level]:[Indent Level], 3, 
    [End Date]:[End Date], AND(@cell >= TODAY(), @cell <= (TODAY(7))), 
    [Task Owner]:[Task Owner], OR(@cell = "CopyeditAMT@nwea.org", @cell = "PadletAMT@nwea.org", 
    @cell = "LayoutAMT@nwea.org"), [Additional Resources]:[Additional Resources], 
    "CopyeditAMT@nwea.org")

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Garrett Henke
    Garrett Henke ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jeana, I believe i have this formatted right but without seeing how the sheet is setup its hard to be 100% sure. Hope this helps!

=COUNTIFS([Calc if Done]:[Calc if Done], 0, [End Date]:[End Date], AND(@cell >= TODAY(), @cell <= (TODAY()+7)), OR([Task Owner] = "CopyeditAMT@nwea.org", [Additional Resources]= "CopyeditAMT@nwea.org"), [Indent Level]:[Indent Level], 3)

• Jeana
    Jeana ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I get #UNPARSEABLE. I also tried this with the same result.

=COUNTIFS([Calc if Done]:[Calc if Done], 0, [End Date]:[End Date], AND(@cell >= TODAY(), @cell <= (TODAY()+7)), OR([Task Owner]:[Task Owner], = "CopyeditAMT@nwea.org", [Additional Resources]= "CopyeditAMT@nwea.org"), [Indent Level]:[Indent Level], 3)

And this:

=COUNTIFS([Calc if Done]:[Calc if Done], 0, [End Date]:[End Date], AND(@cell >= TODAY(), @cell <= (TODAY()+7)), OR([Task Owner]:[Task Owner],@cell = "CopyeditAMT@nwea.org", [Additional Resources], @cell = "CopyeditAMT@nwea.org"), [Indent Level]:[Indent Level], 3)

Appreciate any insight.

Jeana

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/28/21 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Jeana

I hope you're well and safe!

Try something like this.

=COUNTIFS([Calc if Done]:[Calc if Done], 0, [Indent Level]:[Indent Level], 3, 
    [End Date]:[End Date], AND(@cell >= TODAY(), @cell <= (TODAY(7))), 
    [Task Owner]:[Task Owner], OR(@cell = "CopyeditAMT@nwea.org", @cell = "PadletAMT@nwea.org", 
    @cell = "LayoutAMT@nwea.org"), [Additional Resources]:[Additional Resources], 
    "CopyeditAMT@nwea.org")

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Jeana
    Jeana ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

YES!!! I did a slight modification as to what to look for and it worked! Thank you so much Andree.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jeana

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!