Control Center and date formatting

Hi there, i'm facing a simple issue. When using CC with data profiles, in my intake sheet, i'va got a date field in Eureopean format ( DD/MM/YY). In the destination shhet created with CC, the date format is MM/DD/YY in description field in the summary part of the created sheet.

Any idae to change the format directly and keep the inital one ( DD/MM/YY) ?

Many thanks.

Answers

• Hi @Manu Ed

Who owns the created sheet? Is it possible that their personal settings are set to US date format?

It looks like you have this field mapped to a text/number column (the Description column) which could be changing the date format. I would recommend mapping the date into a Date column from your Customize Profile Data:

Then you can use a formula to bring it over into the Description column with the correct format:

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Manu Ed
    Manu Ed ✭✭

Hi Genevieve, thanks a lot and sorry for the delay. I try it, but, as my date column is used in the project parameter, i've this message each time i create a formula : #INVALID COLUMN VALUE.

My goal is to generate automatically the first task date as the same of the Prfile data from the intake sheet.

Have any idea? Thanks again

• Hi @Manu Ed

What formula are you using?

Since you're bringing a Date into a Text cell, you'll need to add quotes at the end of it, like so: + ""

• Manu Ed
    Manu Ed ✭✭

Hi Genevieve, thanks it works now ! Last step, i'm trying to get this date in my first task : please see atta

chment, what kind of formula i need to write? Thanks again!!

• Hi @Manu Ed

It would be easier to grab the date from the same column, up above!

I can't see your column name, but you would want to type in the Column Reference and Row Reference for the formula to know what cell to populate down below. You'll also want to lock the formula to that one cell by adding a $ sign before the Row Reference, like so:

=[Date Column]$12

This would be the formula if I wanted to bring in Row 12's Date. Does that make sense?

See: Create a Cell or Column Reference in a Formula

• Manu Ed
    Manu Ed ✭✭

Thanks a lot Genevieve, yes, i tried this solution, but each time, i've got an issue. I think it is because my column is a date column

I'm going to check if it is possible to add a formula on a date column? many thanks again.

• Manu Ed
    Manu Ed ✭✭

I found this on a discussion :

Start and End Date

Duration

% Complete

Predecessors

NOTE: Formulas aren't allowed in the columns listed above when dependencies are enabled.

• Hi @Manu Ed

Yes, you are correct, if a Date column is being used with Dependencies in the sheet, then you won't be able to add a formula to that cell.

It sounds like there may be a number of small details you need set up. I would recommend checking to see if your account has access to Pro Desk sessions. You can book a session specifically under the Control Center category to receive coaching and guidance over a Zoom session, here: https://www.smartsheet.com/pro-desk. The System Admin for your organization should know your access code if your plan is eligible.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!