Help With Updating Rows Via a Form Submission

Hello,

I am tracking laboratory instrumentation downtime and would like to be able to update the same row via a form submission in a different sheet.

For example.) Sheet 1 contains the instrument names with a column for "Instrument down?" (it can either be a checkbox or yes/no statement, I don't mind either way). Sheet 2 contains a form where I can submit if an instrument is down or not. I have tried using an INDEX/MATCH formula but I am not amazing with Smartsheet and could not find a way for sheet 1 to continuously update with form submissions.

Tl;dr: Can I update a checkbox in a single row multiple times with form submissions, if so, then how?

Thank you,

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I assume you submit a form when the instrument is initially considered "down" and then you submit another form for that same piece of equipment when it is no longer "down"?

If so, try something like this...

Have the forms populating at the top of the sheet, then use this column formula in the sheet where you want to pull this data:

=INDEX({Form Sheet Yes/No Column}, MATCH(Instrument@row, {Form Sheet Instrument Column}, 0))

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!