How do I count the number of fields that have 2 variables in a column?

This is Talent Acquisition report. I'm trying to count the number of positions that are under Digital Technology or Polaris DT that are in "Sourcing/Recruiting" status. "Sourcing/Recruiting" is one of the selections in the Recruiting Status Column. And Digital Technology and Polaris DT are options in the BRAND column. I can count one but not both and played around with all the formulas. help

=COUNTIFS({NORA WEEKLY RECRUITING REPORT Range 2}, "Digital Technology" OR "Polaris DT", {NORA WEEKLY RECRUITING REPORT Range 1}, "Sourcing/Recruiting"))

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Melissa Lee 

Hope you are fine, please try the following formula:

=IFERROR(COUNTIFS({NORA WEEKLY RECRUITING REPORT Range 1}, @cell = "Sourcing/Recruiting",
    {NORA WEEKLY RECRUITING REPORT Range 2},OR(@cell = "Digital Technology", @cell = "Polaris DT")), "")

the following screenshot shows the result:

the data sheet

the formula sheet:

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Melissa Lee 

Hope you are fine, please try the following formula:

=IFERROR(COUNTIFS({NORA WEEKLY RECRUITING REPORT Range 1}, @cell = "Sourcing/Recruiting",
    {NORA WEEKLY RECRUITING REPORT Range 2},OR(@cell = "Digital Technology", @cell = "Polaris DT")), "")

the following screenshot shows the result:

the data sheet

the formula sheet:

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• It worked beautifully!!!! Thank you so much!

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/13/21

@Melissa Lee

You are welcome and i will be happy to help you any time.

PMP Certified

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!