Red flag alert

I am hoping someone could help me, (I have also attached a snippet ). i have a few columns that have an OK or Defect as a drop down choice. My first column is a red flag alert. I need a formula or something to help with - IF one of the columns in that row say defect it changes the red flag in column one to red. That way i can put a notification to the project manager if there is a red flag raised,

there is a defect that has come in for that location.

Answers

• Jason Albrecht
    Jason Albrecht ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Penny,

I'm assuming that any of the example columns that have "OK" in them may also have a "Defect" option as well?

In this case, maybe using a combination of IF(OR(... where if true, 1 turns the flag to red, otherwise 0)

e.g.

= IF ( OR ( [DAILY Tyres & Wheels]@row = "Defect", ..., [WEEKLY Coolant] = "Defect"], ..., 1, 0)

the ellipsis (...) above would be the names of the other columns as per the other two examples.

Hope this makes sense?

There's likely a more elegant solution which someone else may offer, but hopefully this helps in the meantime.

Hope this helps and that you have a great day,

Jason Albrecht MBA, MBus(AppFin), DipFinMgt

LinkedIn profile - Open to work

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @penny53731

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Jason's excellent advice/answer.

Try something like this. (update the columns to include the whole range)

=IF(CONTAINS("Defect", [DAILY Tyres & Wheels]@row:
    [MONTHLY Grease & Spray applied]@row), 1)

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thank you very much for all your help. I managed to get it right and super happy with myself today.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@penny53731

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!