Has anyone used SmartBackup?

Laura Bell
Laura Bell ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I am trying to find a resource to back up my Smartsheet data more efficiently than an Excel file. We lost a lot of information on a sheet due to human error. I did have an Excel file of the sheet, but this is quite cumbersome to try to get back into Smartsheet in the same format. Formulas didn't flow, reports, automations, formatting, attachment all didn't work smooth when piecing back together the deleted rows.

Has anyone ever used SmartBackup? Is this a reliable backup or a scam?!

Thanks for any input!

Best Answer

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Laura Bell,

when it comes to fully functional backups (including formulas, formatting, workflows etc.) to my knowledge there are only 2 solutions available:

2 of my customers in Germany use SmarterBackup (to get fully functional backups) in addition to scheduled backups by Smartsheet.

I can recommend both solutions, but both suffer from some limitations of the Smartsheet API. Namely automations cannot be deactivated (but can be removed) for the backup copy and it's not possible to backup more than 100 items at once.

Again, not the fault of the solution providers but a limitation of the API they both use.

Hope this helps

Stefan

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.

Answers

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Laura Bell,

when it comes to fully functional backups (including formulas, formatting, workflows etc.) to my knowledge there are only 2 solutions available:

2 of my customers in Germany use SmarterBackup (to get fully functional backups) in addition to scheduled backups by Smartsheet.

I can recommend both solutions, but both suffer from some limitations of the Smartsheet API. Namely automations cannot be deactivated (but can be removed) for the backup copy and it's not possible to backup more than 100 items at once.

Again, not the fault of the solution providers but a limitation of the API they both use.

Hope this helps

Stefan

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.

• Laura Bell
    Laura Bell ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you very much! I am hoping one or the other can help me.