Combine multiple lines from one smartsheet to a second

We are looking for a way to keep our on call schedule updated and I am stumped on a potential formula. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Best Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Rebecca Menning

Try using a JOIN(COLLECT formula in your Supervisors and Alternate columns! We can also add a DISTINCT so it won't pull in the same name more than once.

ex:

=JOIN(DISTINCT(COLLECT({Supervisors Sheet One}, {Name Sheet 1}, [Employee Name]@row, {Location Sheet 1}, [Location]@row)), " , ")

This will JOIN together all the names in the {Supervisors Sheet One} range (the Supervisor column in sheet 1) but only if the Employee name and the Location matches across the sheets.

Let me know if this works for you, or if it would be helpful to see screen captures for how I built this out.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Rebecca Menning

Try using a JOIN(COLLECT formula in your Supervisors and Alternate columns! We can also add a DISTINCT so it won't pull in the same name more than once.

ex:

=JOIN(DISTINCT(COLLECT({Supervisors Sheet One}, {Name Sheet 1}, [Employee Name]@row, {Location Sheet 1}, [Location]@row)), " , ")

This will JOIN together all the names in the {Supervisors Sheet One} range (the Supervisor column in sheet 1) but only if the Employee name and the Location matches across the sheets.

Let me know if this works for you, or if it would be helpful to see screen captures for how I built this out.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!