Gantt View Settings Start Date Column Selection

While in the settings for my Gantt View my "Start Date Column" drop down selections does not include the column I want to use. It was there before. What could have happened. It is formatted as a Date.

Also baselines keeps being turned on even after I turn it off and remove it. How can I get that to stick so I don't have to keep removing it.

Best Answer

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @dgloballab

Can you post a screen capture of your sheet and a screen capture of your Project Settings, but please block out sensitive data? Is it possible that a Column Formula was applied to this Start Date column, which would make it ineligible to be used in Project Settings?

In regards to your Baselines, it sounds like perhaps another shared Admin user is turning on your Baselines again, if you have been removing it. I would recommend checking the Activity Log for this sheet (if your account has access to it) to see who is making these changes.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• I figured it out. There was an issue with the start date for the subtask rows therefore it didnt give me the option. Now that that has been fixed it is working :)

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

I'm glad that you were able to figure it out! Thanks for letting us know your solution.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!