splitting sheet into two - need help

Hi, I reached max capacity with a sheet and now need to split it into two - however, we were copying data from our "advertisements" into the application rows - now all applications will be on a separate sheet, however, I still need to include information from each ad into each applicant's row - for example, each ad has a classification - we don't require the applicant to fill out the classification they are applying for as we have this with the ad - both app and the ad have the same "primary number" field TEMP # - is there a formula that can compare the TEMP # on one sheet with the ad to the sheet with the application and pull in the information that is missing from the app (?) ie., classification.

Thank you for your help!

Answers

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you splitting it in two based on column, or reproducing the exact same Sheet twice (same columns)?

The latter is ideal, have the exact same Sheet structure. Any data that needs to reference the entire database (2+ Sheets) can be done in a report (combine Sheets) or calculation (cross-sheet references).

It's difficult to answer this without seeing the Sheet itself and understanding your process/ desired outcome in more detail, but that's my general thought.

School of Sheets (Smartsheet Partner)

If my answer helped please accept and react w/💡Insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, ❤️Awesome!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!