Need help ASAP on how to perform output perimeters in Smartsheets

@Genevieve P. i need help on this ASAP.

please explain step by step on how I would configure this in the Smartsheets form webpage 

How would you configure this in Smartsheets when you enter the OTB number the output form will populate only the information on the specific row of that particular OTB number

entered in based on the excel sheet I imported . Please refer to the screenshot and excel sheet and help me out on how to do this in Smartsheet

Best Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @AJ Sawant

Thank you for clarifying, I see you posted this question again here, which helps explain further.

No, there currently isn't a way to have the directed URL after a form submission be dynamic and change based on what the user chose in the form. You can only set one URL for all form submissions. Please provide your feedback to our Product Team, here!

Depending on how many different filters you have, you could add different Headers into your form. Then as users select options from a Dropdown list, you could have these Headers appear using Conditional Logic, like so:

This is how it would look when one selection is made:

Would this work for you?

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @AJ Sawant

Headers are an option to add into your Form from the left side in the Form Builder, under Form Elements:

Then you can add custom content as a Heading and as a Description on the right:

Once the field has been added, you can use this in your Conditional Logic. See this Help Article for steps.

You may also want to watch this free Webinar on Forms: Forms Best Practices.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• @Andrée Starå please explain step by step on how I would configure this in the Smartsheets form webpage 

How would you configure this in Smartsheets when you enter the OTB number the output form will only populate the information on the specific row of that particular OTB number you entered in in the input form

based on the excel sheet I imported . Please refer to the screenshot and excel sheet and help me out on how to do this in Smartsheet

• Hi @AJ Sawant

Smartsheet Forms would not be able to pull information from a sheet and display this to the person adding in data.

Instead, you could have a sheet set up where they add in data into a Cell. Then you can have formulas that look into your source sheet and auto-populate the cells in the row to display the related information. You could lock those columns so the user cannot change the formula.

Here's an example of how that may look:

You would leave the yellow cell open and editable. Then users can add data in that cell and it will bring information into the grey cells based on that number.

Keep in mind if a number is entered incorrectly they'll receive an error:

You can Publish a sheet and embed this published link in a Dashboard using the Web Content widget if you wanted it to appear there.

Here is the formula I used in the Status Column:

=INDEX({Status Column}, MATCH([Enter Number Here]@row, {Number Column}, 0))

Then in the POD Lead column I had to update the first reference to look at the next column in the source sheet:

=INDEX({POD Lead Column}, MATCH([Enter Number Here]@row, {Number Column}, 0))

Each of the references {in these} are Cross Sheet References. See this Help Article for more information.

If this won't work for you, it would be helpful to know more details about what you're looking to do and what this is for.

Thanks!

Genevieve

• @Genevieve P. Basically what I am asking for help on is when you go to settings and under form submissions it gives you an option to send user to link after submitting the form. I have applied a few filters in my Smartsheet's and what I want is for the user to be redirected to the url link for each of the different filters I have applied on the Smartsheet's. Please help me out on this. Thanks

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @AJ Sawant

Thank you for clarifying, I see you posted this question again here, which helps explain further.

No, there currently isn't a way to have the directed URL after a form submission be dynamic and change based on what the user chose in the form. You can only set one URL for all form submissions. Please provide your feedback to our Product Team, here!

Depending on how many different filters you have, you could add different Headers into your form. Then as users select options from a Dropdown list, you could have these Headers appear using Conditional Logic, like so:

This is how it would look when one selection is made:

Would this work for you?

Cheers,

Genevieve

• @Genevieve P. how exactly did you create those headers in smartsheets? Please walk me through this step by step?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @AJ Sawant

Headers are an option to add into your Form from the left side in the Form Builder, under Form Elements:

Then you can add custom content as a Heading and as a Description on the right:

Once the field has been added, you can use this in your Conditional Logic. See this Help Article for steps.

You may also want to watch this free Webinar on Forms: Forms Best Practices.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!