Setting Up Webhooks

I'm looking for assistance on how to set up webhooks. Nobody in Smartsheet seems to have any idea how to set it up. I was passed from one person to another. I'm no developer and that's why I was hoping Smartsheet can point me in the right direction. But nada. Anyone here who knows how? The webhook is from the RingCentral app to allow Smartsheet to send notifications to the app instead of via e-mail.

Answers

• Hey @Annielyd Sepulveda

So Webhooks are usually automatically created between two applications when they are connected E.G If you were to log into Datamesh, and create a Workflow that sends data to a Sheet, this Workflow creates a Webhook to transfer data.

If possible, please can you provide some more details on how you are currently attempting to connect Smartsheet to RingCentral

Regards

Sean

• Hello @Sean Morgan,

Thanks for responding. I want to send the Smartsheet Automation to an e-mail, but that e-mail goes straight to the RingCentral app instead of via my company e-mail. The problem is that the RingCentral app doesn't allow receiving the e-mail as a chat except if coming from a RingCentral domain. Our devs advised us to use incoming webhooks. I don't know where in Smartsheet I can set up the webhook. The third screenshot is what I'm after.

• Hey @Annielyd Sepulveda

Thanks for the additional info!

So more on creating Webhooks can be seen here: https://smartsheet.redoc.ly/tag/webhooksDescription

This would be mostly self service as we do not have access to external applications to test and troubleshoot with.

If you do run into any errors, that same URL does contain a description of the corresponding error. I'm unable to confirm if Smartsheet can integrate with RingCentral, but if you do run into issues, you may wish to reach out to the RingCentral Team for further assistance.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Regards

Sean

• Thanks, Sean! I'll look for technical resources within the company to help us out.