Unable to view dynamicview content in workapps

Hilbert Kok
Hilbert Kok ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi I have created a workapp with dynamicview content, The content is not shown and when i click on the link that is shown it takes me to a login page but when i login it still doesn't show me the content.

What do I need to change in dynamicview setting to make this work?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Hilbert Kok

I tested this on my own Workapp, setting up the same scenario you have (using the Dynamic View URL as a Web Content Widget on a Dashboard, adding that Dashboard to a Workapp, then accessing it via a mobile device). On my side, the link opened the specific Dynamic View (after logging in) with no issue.

The error you're receiving is actually specific to Dynamic View, and not how the link was accessed. Can you edit the Web Content Widgets and ensure you have the correct link pasted in? It looks like these links may have additional characters at the end that are preventing DV from finding the correct view to access.

Let me know if this was the issue!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hilbert Kok
    Hilbert Kok ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Genevieve, thx for testing the problem, much appreciates. I checked the hyperlink in the workapps and dashboard and they are OK. Reading your response i just concluded that in the workapps the dynamicview is not directly visible but thru the hyperlink, correct.

I reinstalled the smartsheet app and tried again and now when selecting the hyperlink it takes me to a new login page and when logged in I see the content. It's a pity that the user requires to login again and can not directly see the results in the workapps environment.

Thx

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Hilbert Kok

The login redirect has to do with the Dynamic View being embedded on a Dashboard, and then put into a Workapp.

If you want the view to be immediately visible in the Workapp, I would suggest adding each view as a separate page in your Workapp as a "Web Content" page! See: Embed Custom Content in Dashboards and WorkApps

Let me know if this would be better for what you're looking to do.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hilbert Kok
    Hilbert Kok ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Genevieve, The dynamic view is added as a web content in the dashboard. It works fine on the browser of my laptop, it just doesn't show in the workapps view.

it's a pity that it doesn't work.