Smartsheet Link Cell Error

Options

Hi, I'm trying to link two items from two different columns on one Smartsheet from another. I essentially have one project plan which only shows that project and another summarizing all different project plans and I'm trying to link the beginning and the end dates from the single-project plan into the summary sheet.

The two columns have exactly the same property- just dates and no restrictions. But for some reason I can only link the beginning dates but not the end dates. The way that I am linking the cells is by right clicking on cell that I want to link and by clicking the option "Link from Cell in Other Sheet." I know that it is not working for the end dates because this option is shaded out when I do right click on any cells in this column, which is not the case for beginning dates column. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks so much!

Answers

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni
    Options

Are you right-clicking an end date that is on a parent row in a Project Plan? If so I think that date is auto-calculated from the project plan, and therefore would not be eligible for cell linking.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!