Can I Cell-Link between a Sheet and a Report

Options

I want to use data the I've created in an RGY Report (it captures multiple sheet input) in another sheet for Metric reporting. I'm collecting RGY statuses from different sheets, summarized by Document Type (SOW., Service Form, Contract etc..). This works but I want to put that data in a Dashboard as a Metric, because the Chart widget limits how i can display the data. If I had a Sheet to pull in the data from the RGY Report and then create a Metric Report i can pick/choose the cells i want to present.

Any workarounds to pulling that report data into a sheet?

Thanks for the guidance.

Best Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Rick Girard

There currently isn't a way to create a cell-link between a Report and a Sheet, but please let the Product team know of your feedback by filling in this form, here!

If you're just looking to display the numbers, what about using a Report Widget with the Group/Summary rows auto-collapsed so it only shows the summary row data? (See: Using Report Widgets)

If I've misunderstood how you're looking to display this data, it would be helpful to see some screen captures of your current Report and maybe a dummy data of what you'd like to see in the Dashboard, but please block out sensitive data.

Thanks!

Genevieve

• Rick Girard
    Rick Girard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, i was thinking about that, create 3 reports RGY and display the single output R....G....Y... from each and put it on the dash. thanks for validating !

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Rick Girard

There currently isn't a way to create a cell-link between a Report and a Sheet, but please let the Product team know of your feedback by filling in this form, here!

If you're just looking to display the numbers, what about using a Report Widget with the Group/Summary rows auto-collapsed so it only shows the summary row data? (See: Using Report Widgets)

If I've misunderstood how you're looking to display this data, it would be helpful to see some screen captures of your current Report and maybe a dummy data of what you'd like to see in the Dashboard, but please block out sensitive data.

Thanks!

Genevieve

• Rick Girard
    Rick Girard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

thank you, i did submit a form request and hope others have requested the same so it can be developed. I do use the report widget and if it could be filtered i could get what i'm looking for, but you can't do that either. :-\

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Rick Girard

Thank you for clarifying!

You're right, you would need to build the filter directly into the Report to display different information. What about creating a clone of your Report (with "Save as New") so that you can display different pieces in multiple widgets?

• Rick Girard
    Rick Girard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, i was thinking about that, create 3 reports RGY and display the single output R....G....Y... from each and put it on the dash. thanks for validating !

• Seems like every time I search for a need that would simplify and automate a workflow the answer is, "submit a feature request."

Smartsheet - when trying to coordinate lots of data between two different teams managing multiple projects across 30 different countries, a report is a great central location to create only necessary links between domains. A roll up sheet has to be opened to be updated.