Can I use conditional formatting on a completely empty row?

I have conditional formatting set up to make a field red if it is empty. But I canot make it apply to the field if the entire row is empty. Is this by design? Any workarounds?

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @James Keuning

Hope you are fine, please try the following conditional formatting configuration :

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• James Keuning
    James Keuning ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bassam Khalil, thank you for the reply.

That is how I have it configured. You are getting a different result because your row is not completely empty.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@James Keuning 

If the row is completely empty that's mean it's no record so you can delete that row because it's useless or you can keep it but the conditional formatting for that row will never help you.

or if you need to show conditional formatting for that row you can add any system column like ( Created Date, Modify Date, Row ID .. ATC )

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• James Keuning
    James Keuning ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the thing, I have an ID field, and I can also a completely empty row between two populated records.

That is really strange behavior and I am trying to create enough error handling to alert my users when they have done something incorrect. My concern is that our users are going to insert a row and save and move on.

But it looks like this is normal behavior, just unfortunate.