IF(AND(OR Statement Help

Options

I want to write a statement to determine if a record was extended on time?

I have a calculated column that determines if a record extension is required [Extension Required] , and the responses are Yes or No.

I also have columns for the record [Due Date], and the [Extension Approval Date]

Logic: If the value in the [Extension Required] column is Yes, AND either the [Extension Approval Date] is greater than the [Due Date], OR [Extension Approval Date] is "N/A", THEN the record was not extended on time.

I tried the following statement, but it returned: #UNPARSEABLE

=IF(AND(OR([Extension Required]@row=Yes, ([Extension Approval Date]@row < [Due Date]@row) [Extension Approval Date]@row ="N/A"), "No", "Yes"))

Please Help, Thank you

Answers

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Doris, Try this one:

=IF(AND([Extension Required]@row = Yes, OR([Extension Approval Date]@row > [Due Date]@row,[Extension Approval Date]@row ="N/A")), "No", "Yes"

It's all in how you nest the OR statement. It has to be within the AND statement to make either of the OR and the Extension required row = yes calculate together. Let me know if it worked!

• Doris F
    Doris F ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Mike Wilday,

Thank you for responding. I posted the formula as shown below,

=IF(AND([Extension Required]@row = Yes, OR([Extension Approval Date]@row > [Due Date]@row,[Extension Approval Date]@row ="N/A")), "No", "Yes")

and it still returned #UNPARSEABLE.

I checked all the column names and no errors there. Any other thoughts? THANK YOU!!!

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Doris F ,

Try putting quotation marks around your first Yes (in the AND statment). That should help!

Best,

Heather

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!