autogenerate invoice number

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Auto Number to Reset Daily (PO #).

Answers

• will ya
    will ya ✭✭
    edited 12/06/21
    Options

I recently use Smartsheet for paperless solution in our company. Part of the area I am currently working is on our Purchasing side.

I havent been able to make an autogenerate invoice number for my sheet because a single invoice contains several items and we have our format with something like PR(yymm####), where # is sequential number.

Let's say we have a PR (Purchase Request) for a project with 4 items. Thus, the 4 items will need to have the same generated invoice number, ie. PR21120001 where 21 is year 2021, 12 is the current month, and 0001 is the sequential invoice number generated within that month.

Ps. I am a beginner with formulas in Excel and Smartsheet, which I find out that they are similar but certain formula in Excel is replaced by automation feature in Smartsheet.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@will ya Are you able to provide some screenshots for reference? How are each of the different 4 items that require the same PR# submitted?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!