Import the summary into report format

Options

Hi All,

I have summary in my Grid file and i would like import to the report in rows not in the column? Any leads would be appreciated

My example file below:

Summary:

Summary report:

I can able to apply only in column and not in rows any suggestion?

My wish is to bring like below:

Please advise

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @RajKumar 28

Sheet Summary Fields are designed to show as a Row in a Sheet Summary Report so that you can report on multiple sheets with the same fields. If you need the data to show in a grid like your final screen capture, I would recommend using cross-sheet formulas in another sheet instead of using the Summary fields.

What formulas are you currently using? I'd be happy to help convert them to cross-sheet versions.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• RajKumar 28
    Options

Hi @Genevieve,

Great for your help, i used COUNTIFS formula in my sheet

Formula:

=COUNTIFS([Projected CM1]:[Projected CM1], @cell = "", [CM1]:[CM1], @cell = "Flextronics Wuzhong CM") + COUNTIFS([Projected CM2]:[Projected CM2], @cell = "", [CM2]:[CM2], @cell = "Flextronics Wuzhong CM") + COUNTIFS([Projected CM3]:[Projected CM3], @cell = "", [CM3]:[CM3], @cell = "Flextronics Wuzhong CM") + COUNTIFS([Projected CM4]:[Projected CM4], @cell = "", [CM4]:[CM4], @cell = "Flextronics Wuzhong CM")

Could you please advise me how to use the cross sheet formula?

Thanks!

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @RajKumar 28

Great! So when you write this formula in another sheet, all you need to do is replace each of the unique column references:

[Projected CM1]:[Projected CM1]

and change it to a Cross-Sheet reference:

{Project CM1 Column}

So your final formula could look something like this:

=COUNTIFS({Project CM1 Column}, @cell = "", {CM1}, @cell = "Flextronics Wuzhong CM") + COUNTIFS({Projected CM2 Column}, @cell = "", {CM2}, @cell = "Flextronics Wuzhong CM") + COUNTIFS({Projected CM3 Column}, @cell = "", {CM3}, @cell = "Flextronics Wuzhong CM") + COUNTIFS({Projected CM4 Column}, @cell = "", {CM4}, @cell = "Flextronics Wuzhong CM")

Here's more information:

Let me know if that works for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• RajKumar 28
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P.

Still formula doesn't work out, it shows as #INVALID REF

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @RajKumar 28

This formula would need to be re-created in the grid of a sheet (so in a row) not in a Sheet Summary field.

The error means that one of the {cross sheet references} is incorrect.

Each one of {these} would need to be manually selected as the correct column by opening up the "Reference Another Sheet" link, finding the other sheet, and highlighting the correct column:

Does that help?

• RajKumar 28
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P.

Really great help ! appreciate your great support! It work very well :)

Thanks

Raj

• Genevieve P.
    Options

I'm glad to hear it helped! 🙂

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!