Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Linking within same sheet

sue hughes
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I have a sheet with numerous calculations, one being a constant for "invalid" and a number.  Instead of having to key in the number for invalid in each of the computations, I was trying to link to single cell where I would key it in once.  I can link to other sheets but not the same sheet as in Excel with + feature.

Does anyone have a workaround for this.  I'd like to keep the data on the same sheet.  Makes no sense to have a single value on a sheet by itself.

Comments

• Depending on how you intend to implement this functionality, it should be doable within the same sheet.  Can you further expand upon how you use the current formulas, and what you intend to see as a result?  It would help to better define a possible workaround to use the same sheet instead of utilizing multiple sheets.

• Try using IFERROR.

=IFERROR(the formula you are using, "the number you want for an INVALID response")

This discussion has been closed.