Can't edit Sheet Summary fields

I've copied sheets with Sheet Summaries to other sheets. I used to be able to then edit the Sheet Summaries but no longer. My only option now is to delete. Any thoughts?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @NitaP

Is it possible that you are now on a different plan type than you were before? The Sheet Summary feature is available for Business or Enterprise plans, which means that licensed Pro Plan users will be unable to edit, create, or add new Summary fields. However if you are an Owner or Admin on the sheet, you'll be able to delete the fields that were previously created.

See the "Applies To" on the right of this Help Article: Define Your Work With Sheet Summary

I would suggest creating a Metric Sheet with Cross-Sheet formulas instead of using the Summary Fields.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @NitaP

Is it possible that you are now on a different plan type than you were before? The Sheet Summary feature is available for Business or Enterprise plans, which means that licensed Pro Plan users will be unable to edit, create, or add new Summary fields. However if you are an Owner or Admin on the sheet, you'll be able to delete the fields that were previously created.

See the "Applies To" on the right of this Help Article: Define Your Work With Sheet Summary

I would suggest creating a Metric Sheet with Cross-Sheet formulas instead of using the Summary Fields.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• NitaP
    NitaP ✭✭

Yes, that's the answer. I guess I was able to use that during my trial period.