Tracking Summary Sheet Data Weekly for KPIs

Hey everyone I am trying to take weekly snapshots of a summary sheet to be able to create a chart of that data over time.

Ideally in 1 year I would have a report/sheet that has 52 lines of the following, updated, data.

Is there a way to do this in smartsheet alone or is the best method to use something like Zapier to pull the data once a week and populate it in another sheet?

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Robby Elliott

I hope you're well and safe!

I'd recommend setting up a weekly Workflow to copy the data over to a so-called Master Metrics Sheet and then report on that.

If you're using the Sheet Summary feature, you'd need to add those columns somewhere on the sheet and reference the Sheet Summary data.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week & Happy Holidays!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Robby Elliott
    Robby Elliott ✭✭
    Answer ✓

That did work. I went with creating a different sheet that does all the countif calculations and that that copies weekly to a "Historical Data" sheet.

Thanks

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Robby Elliott

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• basel
    basel ✭✭

Hi @Andrée Starå ,

Would you please provide more detailed steps on how to accomplish what you described above?

I am trying to capture the Sheet Summary on a weekly basis into another sheet for historical data KPIs.

I created a new sheet for the KPI data with columns that match the Sheet Summary data. I have a summary report per project sheet, but the summary report does not have the option to create a workflow to copy the data to the KPI sheet.

I tried to add the workflow to the master project sheet, but there is no option to copy Summary Sheet data to the KPI sheet (there is an option to copy sheet rows).

Thank you.