Using images in cells

I know I can insert the image into the cell. I also can copy/past images into cells. What I cannot figure out is how to combine text and images in the single cell.

I have a details / notes column which I plan to use to describe details of requirements (which is a combination of a text and engineering diagrams etc.) or tickets (which is a combination of textual description of an issue with screenshots - one or many - mixed with the text).

I would hate to have only textual description and creating mini-documents for attachments for each article.

On the same topic, marking a column as a rich text column in general would be very useful (minor formatting inside the text like bolding a sentence to raise attention inside larger description). Supporting RTF for all column may make very little sense - for short columns, for numeric columns etc. - but for some would be very useful. Also, when editing a row as a form or in real forms, columns marked as RTF may utilize RTF editor instead of a single line text box.

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Vadim K

I hope you're well and safe!

Great ideas! Those would be great additions to Smartsheet features.

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend & Happy Holidays!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Vadim K
    Vadim K ✭✭

Thank you for your support answering and encouraging posting the feature request. I know it has been asked thousands times, but are you aware if we can

• see feature requests submitted by user
    • up-vote on requests already submitted but related to our own or to something we may have considered submitted (instead submitting poorly worded duplicate requests)
    • see responses on our feature requests from product managers at SmartSheet and triage by the product management team
    • see the roadmap of planned additions (with or without connection to submitted requests)
    • connect the feature submission request with the originating community discussion (like this one) especially when I open submission request form following the link from the forum conversation

Thanks,

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Vadim K

You're more than welcome!

Please see my comments/answers below.

• see feature requests submitted by user

[Andrée Starå] No.

• up-vote on requests already submitted but related to our own or to something we may have considered submitted (instead submitting poorly worded duplicate requests)

[Andrée Starå] No.

• see responses on our feature requests from product managers at SmartSheet and triage by the product management team

[Andrée Starå] No, but they sometimes reach out to those who have requested a specific feature for more information.

• see the roadmap of planned additions (with or without connection to submitted requests)

[Andrée Starå] No, but sometimes they announce that something is coming before it's released.

• connect the feature submission request with the originating community discussion (like this one) especially when I open submission request form following the link from the forum conversation

[Andrée Starå] Unfortunately, no.

That was a lot of No's.

The best is to send Enhancement Requests for everything, and then the Smartsheet team looks at a couple of criteria to decide how to prioritize. (Resources, effort, demand, market, and more)

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.