Automated Workflow Stopped Working

Options

I have created a template that we have been using to create component sheets for various projects. I created automated workflows to automatically fill in certain parts of information for our ID/ Numbering system. Everything had been working well, but in testing it this morning, the automation is no longer working on any cells. The automation is supposed to fill in a column with a specific two-letter code based on the component selected in a dropdown list on another column. Any advice would be very welcome!

Photos of the sheet and a sample of one of the workflows

Best Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @AllieF

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Sandhiya's excellent advice/answer.

• You could also try to copy the Workflow and see if the copied version works.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week & Happy Holidays!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• AllieF
    AllieF
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you Sandhiya and Andree, I ended up deleting the rows that weren't updating and re-entering the info and it worked. I did try refreshing and saving/ waiting for the workflow, but it would not update. All seems to be working now- hopefully it will continue that way.

Many thanks!

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!