Formula in excluding weekends when adding number of dates in a formula cell.

Hi,

I need help what is the formula for me to be able to create automatically a due date in a cell, based on the automatically created date column but I don't want to include weekends in the count. I wanted to set an automatic due date based on the priority selected in a row.

For example: Date created is October 21(Thursday), then if the assigned priority is Medium, it should add 3 business days on the due date column. Due date should be October 26(Tuesday) instead October 24 which is Sunday. I want to exclude weekends in the count.

Here is my current formula:

=IF(Priority@row = "Business Stoppage", [Date Created]@row + 1, IF(Priority@row = "Medium", [Date Created]@row + 3, IF(Priority@row = "Normal", [Date Created]@row + 5, IF(Priority@row = "High", [Date Created]@row + 2))))

Thanks.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Choy

You have the hard part of the Nested IF statement completed! Now we can use the WORKDAY Function to add a number of working days to the date instead of just + 1, etc.

For example, instead of:

[Date Created]@row + 1

We can write:

WORKDAY([Date Created]@row, 1)

Try this:

=IF(Priority@row = "Business Stoppage", WORKDAY([Date Created]@row, 1), IF(Priority@row = "Medium", WORKDAY([Date Created]@row, 3), IF(Priority@row = "Normal", WORKDAY([Date Created]@row, 5), IF(Priority@row = "High", WORKDAY([Date Created]@row, 2)))))

Cheers,

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!