Report Issue

I have created a report that pulls info from 5 different sheets, and have set the report to group by the project column. All projects are being grouped correctly, except 1. The Coding Rewrite project is displaying each row individually. Interestingly, when I change the group setting to group by Sheet name, it displays correctly. How can I fix the group by project?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Bonnie du Plessis

I haven't seen this before and it's definitely unexpected if those values are exactly the same! How is your Project column being populated? Is name coming through from a formula, or is it a manual input?

If it's a formula, is there any difference between the formula in this sheet versus the other, properly grouped sheets? It would be helpful to know what formula you're using, as well!

The reason I ask is I wonder if it's reading the underlying formula to Group by instead of the formula output (it shouldn't be).

Thanks,

Genevieve

• HI Genevieve.

The Project column is a manual input.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Bonnie du Plessis

Thanks for the clarification! I have a couple of generic troubleshooting things to try to start, then:

• Can you fully log out then log in again and refresh the Report - did the grouping recognize the name as one value?
    • Try creating a copy of the Report with Save as New; does the new Report have the same grouping issue?
    • In the source sheet, try entering the value again in the top cell and use drag-fill to copy down the same value for the entire column. Save the sheet, then go back and refresh the Report with the arrow at the top. Has this helped?

If none of this made a difference, I would reach out to Smartsheet Support with a screen recording of your issue, the Report Name/URL, the source sheet Name/URL, and all the details from the testing mentioned above. They'll be able to troubleshoot with you in a private channels so you can provide more details and information about your set-up.

Cheers,

Genevieve