Work Insights- picking up data from a sheet that was "saved as" into a new sheet

I am using a sheet that had been a save as of a prior sheet. When I try to create a work insight it is still picking up all the rows in the prior sheet (picking up 107 rows instead of only the 19 rows in the sheet) How do I get this to reset for only this sheet?

Answers

• Sameer Karkhanis
    Sameer Karkhanis ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting issue! Have you tried deleting the insight and then creating a new one? You can delete the Insight using the options from the 3 dots.

• beckyb27
    beckyb27 ✭✭✭✭

Yes I have tried deleting the insights from both the new sheet and the original sheet, letting it refresh overnight but its still pulling both :-(

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @beckyb27

After you saved the sheet with Save as New, how did you get rid of all the previous information? Did you highlight and then completely delete out the rows, or did you select all the rows and use the delete button to clear the cells of the previous value?

If rows are cleared instead of deleted, the historical data will stay in the cell history. You can check this by right-clicking on a cell and selecting Cell History from the dropdown menu.

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• beckyb27
    beckyb27 ✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/19/22

Hi @Genevieve P. - I had completely deleted out the old rows, and verified this with cell history. See images below showing cell history on new sheet (top image) vs cell history on the same row for old sheet (second image)

• beckyb27
    beckyb27 ✭✭✭✭

should have showed you more of the screen shot @Genevieve P.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @beckyb27

Thank you for this additional information! I tested this on my own account but after the 24-hour period where Work Insights updates, it updates to show the current number of rows in my sheet and no longer identified the old, deleted rows.

Is there any possibility that there is one row way down at the bottom of your sheet that has content, making the sheet larger than it looks?

If you can confirm there are no rows up to 107, I would suggest reaching out to Smartsheet Support with this information and the troubleshooting steps you've tried.

Thanks,

Genevieve

• beckyb27
    beckyb27 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks @Genevieve P. . Yes the new sheet only has 50 rows. they are empty but I tried deleting them but the work insights is still picking up 107 rows. I will contact support.

• AnitaW
    AnitaW ✭✭

I'm have the exact same issue. All rows were deleted to start fresh new rows upon each entry however, work insights still pulling in old data that this new sheet was created from.