Why doesn't my Automation with a email work?

Options

Hello!

I have set up an automation, where when a specific cell is changed to 85% and above, where a specific name is, it should notify the person and administrator. And my problem is that it doesn't notify the people.

Note: there are about 24 conditions.

(Picture below for reference)

Hope you can help!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Emmaintheoffice

I hope you're well and safe!

Smartsheet looks at the numbers in a column formatted for percentage as values between 0 and 1. You'd need to use decimal values instead for it to work 

25% = 0,25 (0.25)

50% = 0,5 (0.5)

100% = 1

Depending on your country/region, you'll need to exchange the comma for a period.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Emmaintheoffice
    edited 01/19/22
    Options

Thank you and you too.

It did work, but not with email but it did work

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Emmaintheoffice

Happy to help!

Thanks!

Also,

First, ensure that you have allowed yourself to receive notifications properly in your Personal Settings (circle/profile in the lower-left corner). Secondly, check the Permission setting for the Automations. (cog in the top right corner in the Automation overview)

Ensure that you've checked the Sheet Change Notification Settings box to Include my changes in sheet notifications in your Personal Settings (circle/profile in the lower-left corner).

Did that work/help?

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!