URL instead of Display Text for SCC Project Dashboard?

Matt Stewart
Matt Stewart ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

When a project is provisioned in SCC it generates a dashboard link using whatever naming convention is setup in SCC. It doesnt appear to have any options in SCC to make it appear as a url instead?

I also am checking the column properties or formulas for a way to make this a URL?

The problem is that once a Dashboard Link is generated, i can not use it in my project sheets to attach it to each row. I want the dashboard link on every task row so that when people are working from task reports spanning 100's of projects, they can click on the task's dashboard to be taken to its respective dashboard. However as the dashboard link is displayed as text, any attempt so far of duplicating this link results in text only.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Matt Stewart

There currently isn't a way to have this link automatically be created as a URL in the Project Intake sheet instead of a Hyperlink. There also isn't currently a way to grab the underlying URL using a formula when looking at a Hyperlink, formulas will only read the display text on top.

You can make sure that the Project Link is included as a Summary Data Field in your Task sheet, which will then create a Cell Link between the original Hyperlink and your Summary Field (keeping the link intact).

This won't generate a link down each row of your Task sheet, but it will be available at the top for anyone who is working on the project to click on. (See: Blueprint Summary)

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Matt Stewart

There currently isn't a way to have this link automatically be created as a URL in the Project Intake sheet instead of a Hyperlink. There also isn't currently a way to grab the underlying URL using a formula when looking at a Hyperlink, formulas will only read the display text on top.

You can make sure that the Project Link is included as a Summary Data Field in your Task sheet, which will then create a Cell Link between the original Hyperlink and your Summary Field (keeping the link intact).

This won't generate a link down each row of your Task sheet, but it will be available at the top for anyone who is working on the project to click on. (See: Blueprint Summary)

Cheers,

Genevieve

• thanks @Genevieve P. . Yes im aware and already processing the link as you mention via the summary fields. But the inability to leverage this link anywhere else such as people working from task reports and in email/slack messages makes it annoyingly limited.