Can a UPC barcode be scanned on an iPad and converted to a code in a Smartsheet form field?

I am trying to use my iPad (that does not have a Smartsheet App loaded onto it) to capture a UPC barcode and convert it into the UPC number to populate a Smartsheet form field? I am using an 8th gen iPad running IOS 15.2.0. when I try, it invokes the camera and captures the UPC number, but incorrectly, and also grabs any words that may also be in the picture. I'm looking for it to read the bar code and translate it into the UPC number to fill the Smartsheet form field. Any ideas what needs to happen to make this work? I can do this successfully on my iPhone.

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    edited 01/29/22

Hi @KevinP,

Have you tried downloading the Smartsheet app also on your Ipad? The barcode scanner functionality is unique to the mobile apps (as opposed to the mobile browser) and it could be that this is interfering with the normal capturing of the barcode information when you are using your camera even if the option is listed. In addition to this, it is also recommended that your device runs on the latest version of the operating system to ensure the best performance.

If the behavior persists even when downloading the iOS app in your Ipad and running on the latest version of the OS and this would require further investigation, Please open a ticket with our Support team via this form.

I hope this can be of help.

Cheers!

Julio