Task Name Text Disappeared

2»

Answers

• Thanks for the tag, @Kelly Moore!

@Jeff Wigen Reports use the Sheet ID to Identify what sheet to bring in. This means there are two options:

• You can either import your backups into Smartsheet as new sheets and adjust any Reports looking at the original to look at the new versions
    • Or you can copy/paste the data from the backup into the original sheets

If you copy/paste the data back in to the original files, the Report will still be looking at those sheets and will update automatically. I would suggest this may be the easiest route to go if you have a lot of Reports/Dashboards looking at these source sheets.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• pabell
    pabell
    edited 09/29/22

I have a very similar experience of having entered task names and then having all of the tasks turn to <blank> all at once according to the activity log. I can restore them individually, but they will revert to blank. I have turned off Automation and don't have any conditional formatting. Having read the thread on this question, I don't see that it was answered clearly. Help? Thank you.

• Hi @pabell

Since the activity log is noting that your account is what triggered the cell to go from a value to "blank", is it possible that you have a browser extension that may be causing these deletions?

For example, Caffeine will press space bar to keep the screen "awake". If you happened to have cells selected at that time, Caffeine would "erase" the content in those cells as it presses the space bar.

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Thank you, I don't seem to have anything like Caffeine running, but I have also fixed my sheets and so far, none have reverted to Blanks.