Clearing a Value and Setting a New Value

Options

I have an automated workflow created to set the date when a disposition (decision) has been reached on a request. There is a column to capture the disposition (decision) type and the date of the (disposition) decision. We would like to be able to change the date when a new decision has been made. Specifically, when the item is placed on hold and then removed from hold and given a final decision.

The action to place it on hold sets a decision date. I have been asked if there is a way to erase the hold date if the line item has been removed from hold and replace the date with the new decision date.

I know that we can set a date and we can remove a date with automated workflows but is there a way to accomplish the above?

Answers

• Jeff M.
    Jeff M. ✭✭✭
    Options

Could you edit your automation with the action to "record a date" into the disposition date column and trigger when the disposition column changes to any dropdown status?

You could also utilize the modified date column type if the line is only updated when the disposition status changes. The DATEONLY(Modified Date) would work in this case.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!