Can multiple blueprints use the same intake sheet?

Options

Hi, I have fast and slow projects. I want to use the same intake form for both projects, with a selection box to indicate the type of project. Can different blueprints use the same intake sheet and intake form, or are multiple intake forms required? Thank you 😊

Best Answer

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @mdemul,

It seems the case you opened with Support was able to tackle this question. If you need further advise, I'd recommend following up on your Support case.

Cheers!

Julio

• Zeb Loewenstein
    Zeb Loewenstein ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey Folks - is anyone able to post the answer to this question? If this is possible, are there any best practices?

I'm dealing with the same issue for my PMO Intake strategy, trying to use the same Intake Sheet for multiple blue prints.

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Options

Hi @Zeb Loewenstein,

Although it is possible to use the same intake sheet for multiple Blueprints, it should be noted that this will cause all projects to be available to be provisioned from different Blueprints which can cause this to be accidentally provisioned with the wrong Blueprint.

In order to make clear which Blueprint should be used to provision each relevant Project, you may add an additional Column in the intake sheet to select which Blueprint should be used. Here's an article with more information about setting up Intake sheets.

I hope that this can be of help.

Cheers!

Julio

• Sarah123
    Sarah123 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Julio S. How do you setup the intake settings on a blueprint to choose which blueprint to use? We have different sized projects with different project plans. I'd like to keep our current approval column just for approvals and have a seperate column to determine which blueprint to use (for example, project size with drop-downs for small, medium, large). I've used the approval column as the selection for which blueprint to use in the past but I'd like to use that column just for approvals.

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Options

Hi @Sarah123,

My advise was to add an extra Column within the intake sheet to select which Blueprint to use when provisioning that project. However, this wouldn't have any effect in Control Center regarding Blueprint selection but would just be an extra safety step to ensure that the correct Blueprint is used when the user manually provisions the project. Again, I would suggest to designate different intakes for each Blueprint when possible.

I hope that this can help clarifying.

Cheers!

Julio