Cell adjustment to keep track of data

Eddy Deeb
Eddy Deeb
edited 01/25/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Team;

I have created sheet where my colleagues fill with a form and gather updates on a daily basis. With the help of a URL it made the filling of the for easier, yet we are loosing data as if the form tabs are not exactly populated according to the URL the data doesn't enter back in the sheet.

I am trying to find a solution for this and the only way I found is to compare entries with the same Job# and take the last 2 created entries and fill the row with the needed dates if blank, yet I am not able to write the formulas for it.

If someone could help it will be much appreciated.

Thank you

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Eddy Deeb

If I'm understanding you correctly, there are certain values that will always be the same depending on the Job Number chosen, and you're currently using the URL string to identify these values, is that correct?

What about using a Change Cell workflow instead? You can have the trigger be whenever a row is added to the sheet, then use Condition Blocks to specify what Job Number and auto-fill columns based on that selection.

If this won't work for you, it would be helpful to see a screen capture of your sheet but please block out any sensitive data.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Eddy Deeb

If I'm understanding you correctly, there are certain values that will always be the same depending on the Job Number chosen, and you're currently using the URL string to identify these values, is that correct?

What about using a Change Cell workflow instead? You can have the trigger be whenever a row is added to the sheet, then use Condition Blocks to specify what Job Number and auto-fill columns based on that selection.

If this won't work for you, it would be helpful to see a screen capture of your sheet but please block out any sensitive data.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now