Schedule Health (R, Y, G Symbols) Based off of End Date and % Complete Columns

Options

Hello, I had previously posted a question regarding how to get red and green symbols based off of the due date and % Complete columns within a sheet. I now want to configure a formula that includes a yellow symbol if the due date is today -3 days. This means the symbol would be green until 3 days before the date. I would like it to remain red after the due date.

The formula I currently use is =IF(OR([% Complete]@row = 1, TODAY() < [End Date]@row), "Green", "Red") but this will have to change to incorporate the yellow symbol.

Is there a formula I can use to answer this question?

Best Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/25/22 Answer ✓
    Options

You'll want to nest the Yellow choice as the negative condition in the first IF statement, and make Red the negative condition of the nested Yellow:

=IF(OR([% Complete]@row = 1, TODAY() < [End Date]@row), "Green", IF(OR[% Complete]@row < 1, [End Date]@row >= TODAY(-3)), "Yellow", IF((OR[% Complete]@row < 1, [End Date]@row < TODAY()), "Red")

You also want the Red condition to only be in place if the percent complete is less than 100% and the due date is past.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

=IF(OR([% Complete]@row = [% Complete]@row 1, TODAY() < [End Date]@row), "Green", IF(OR([% Complete]@row < 1, [End Date]@row >= TODAY(-3)), "Yellow", IF(OR([% Complete]@row < 1, [End Date]@row < TODAY()), "Red")))

Is this an extraneous [% Complete]@row ?

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/25/22 Answer ✓
    Options

You'll want to nest the Yellow choice as the negative condition in the first IF statement, and make Red the negative condition of the nested Yellow:

=IF(OR([% Complete]@row = 1, TODAY() < [End Date]@row), "Green", IF(OR[% Complete]@row < 1, [End Date]@row >= TODAY(-3)), "Yellow", IF((OR[% Complete]@row < 1, [End Date]@row < TODAY()), "Red")

You also want the Red condition to only be in place if the percent complete is less than 100% and the due date is past.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

• RFedders
    RFedders ✭✭
    edited 01/25/22
    Options
  • RFedders
    Options

Jeff,

Thanks for taking a crack at this formula, I appreciate the effort. Unfortunately, it is reading as #UNPARSEABLE. I went and edited the formula to include the correct usage of parenthesis and I am still returning #UNPARSEABLE in the cell.

This is the formula i used: =IF(OR([% Complete]@row = [% Complete]@row 1, TODAY() < [End Date]@row), "Green", IF(OR([% Complete]@row < 1, [End Date]@row >= TODAY(-3)), "Yellow", IF(OR([% Complete]@row < 1, [End Date]@row < TODAY()), "Red")))

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

=IF(OR([% Complete]@row = [% Complete]@row 1, TODAY() < [End Date]@row), "Green", IF(OR([% Complete]@row < 1, [End Date]@row >= TODAY(-3)), "Yellow", IF(OR([% Complete]@row < 1, [End Date]@row < TODAY()), "Red")))

Is this an extraneous [% Complete]@row ?

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!