Multiple Edit forms

Hi, I'm just started to check forms for a Smartsheet used with multilanguage columns.

Is it possible to have one Edit Form for the German columns and one for the english one?

What I've understand is that forms could be used for bringing new data in the smartsheet (in a new row).

But it seems, that there is only one possibility to edit e row over a form.

Thanks for help

Kay

Best Answers

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @KROnline

I hope you're well and safe!

Not sure I follow.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andrée,

I just want to understand, how forms are used and handled.

I'm able to setup a form with specific columns from a smartsheet.

After preparation the form can send out to email recipient and they will be able to fill out. This will produce a new datarow with respective data from the form input.

My question here is how can a user edit a datarow in Smartsheet with a specific form? A double click at the beginning of the line opens a standard form with all columns of the smartsheet. How can I open a form specially created for changing column contents instead?

Best Kay

• BullandKhmer
    BullandKhmer ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, possible - I've built a bi-lingual form solution in the past.

Essentially you have to as you say, use seperate coulmns for the dropdowns. Then you need to have a 3rd column, which essentially translates the foreign language column to the native language or pulls in the native language - simple nested IF statement.

I'd be happy to show you the solution I've built via screen share if interested.

Cheers,

Adam.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@KROnline

I'd recommend using the Update Request feature instead to update specific rows.

Two other options would be.

• Premium App, Dynamic View
    • Premium App, WorkApps (included from Enterprise and up)

More info.

Would any of those options work/help?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• @BullandKhmer

Hi Adam, regarding the solution for Edit forms it could be the best with the Add On "Dynamic views".

But for the automatic translation within your form I am very interested in taking a look at this one.

I have posted an additional question regarding Deepl Translator integrated in Smartsheet.

So let me know, how we can come together.

Thanks Kay

• BullandKhmer
    BullandKhmer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@KROnline adam@bullandkhmer.com

• Hi @Andrée Starå ,

I've just checked Dynamic Views. I'm not sure if that is what I need.

I'll want to use an update request as shown in the linked video.

I don't understand why a prepared form can only be used to add data rows with specific columns. I want to use this form to edit and update information to specific cells within a row - but without collecting the colums manuall. I want to use a prepoared form for that.

If you've an idea please let me know.

Thanks Kay