COUNTIFS formula issues

Can someone tell me what's the issue with my formula, I get "#unparaseable" for result.

And maybe add a date range per month.

Thank you!!!

Best Answer

• StephanieWW
    StephanieWW ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If RR is the field value you are looking for, you need to put it in quotes. Also, do you have other criteria follow that? If not, remove the , after <=1. Last - if I am having a problem with a multi-part formula, I will usually test what is making it fail by doing it in pieces. For example - =COUNTIF({CCS Scheduling Range 1 SALES},"RR")

=COUNTIFS({CCS Scheduling Range 1 SALES},"RR", {CCS Scheduling Days over}, <=1,)

I am fairly new to Smartsheets so hopefully this makes sense.

Answers

• StephanieWW
    StephanieWW ✭✭✭

If you are using Countifs on a date column, make sure that the column property is set to Date. Do you have an example of the formula?

• Lazar.A
    Lazar.A ✭✭
    edited 02/07/22

=COUNTIFS({CCS Scheduling Range 1 SALES}, RR, {CCS Scheduling Days over}, <=1,)

• *" CCS Scheduling Range 1 SALES" - referencing another sheet

Here is my formula that gives me #unparaseable as result.

I would like to add the date range per month to this too.

• Lazar.A
    Lazar.A ✭✭

=COUNTIFS({CCS Scheduling Range 1 SALES}, RR, {CCS Scheduling Days over}, <=1,)

• *" CCS Scheduling Range 1 SALES" - referencing another sheet

Here is my formula that gives me #unparaseable as result.

I would like to add the date range per month to this too.

• StephanieWW
    StephanieWW ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If RR is the field value you are looking for, you need to put it in quotes. Also, do you have other criteria follow that? If not, remove the , after <=1. Last - if I am having a problem with a multi-part formula, I will usually test what is making it fail by doing it in pieces. For example - =COUNTIF({CCS Scheduling Range 1 SALES},"RR")

=COUNTIFS({CCS Scheduling Range 1 SALES},"RR", {CCS Scheduling Days over}, <=1,)

I am fairly new to Smartsheets so hopefully this makes sense.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!