Project Health Formula

Options

I am trying to get this formula to work on my project timeline. But keep getting #UNPARSEABLE.

=IF(OR(Status@row = "Not Started", [Target End Date]@row >= TODAY()), "Green","Yellow",IF(OR(Status@row = "In Progress", [Target End Date]@row >= TODAY()), "Green","Yellow",IF(AND(Status@row = "In Progress", [Target End Date]@row < TODAY(-15)), "Red", IF(AND(Status@row = "Not Started", [Target End Date]@row < TODAY(-15)), "Red",IF(Status@row = "Complete", "Gray"))))))

I would also like to have the overall health of the project rollup based on the tasks below not on the target end date.

Answers

• Megan Ryzenga
    Options

Hi Amanda!

Try this:

=IF(Status@row = "Complete", "Gray",IF(OR(Status@row = "Not Started", [Target End Date]@row >= TODAY()), "Green",IF(AND(Status@row = "In Progress", [Target End Date]@row < TODAY(-15)), "Red",IF(AND(Status@row = "Not Started", [Target End Date]@row < TODAY(-15)), "Red",IF(OR(Status@row = "In Progress", [Target End Date]@row >= TODAY()),"Yellow"))))))

Megan Ryzenga | Medical Education Analyst

3M Health Care, Medical Solutions Division

She/Her

• Amanda Sligh
    Options

I am not getting #UNPARSEABLE anymore but it's not calculating correctly. The rows that should be showing red are still showing green even though they are past due by more than 15 days.

• Amanda Sligh
    Options

I don't think I included all the conditions before. These are the three statements I need to combine. They all work on their own just not together.

=IF(Status@row = "Complete", "Gray")

=IF(AND(Status@row = "In Progress", [Target End Date]@row < TODAY(-15)), "Red", IF(AND(Status@row = "In Progress", [Target End Date]@row >= TODAY()), "Green", "Yellow"))

=IF(AND(Status@row = "Not Started", [Target End Date]@row < TODAY(-15)), "Red", IF(OR(Status@row = "Not Started", [Target End Date]@row >= TODAY()), "Green", "Yellow"))

•  Cyndi
    Options

@Megan Ryzenga @Amanda Sligh - I have been searching for something like this - but I don't see there was ever a final solution and I'm having the SAME issue you were Amanda. I keep getting a green when I should a red. Just seeing if you ever were able to resolve this one.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!