filtered views

Hi all,

I am trying to embed hyperlinks into a sheet that will pull up the filtered view of the sheet when clicked. Is this possible? or do I need to make and link reports, rather than a sheet filter. I'd rather not do the extra work of making reports, so I'm hoping theres a better way

When I click on the link I want it to give me the filtered view of the sheet in what ever view I choose.

Is this possible with the regular subscription?

Thanks in advance

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Sarah_lee123

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, it's possible, but it will open the Filtered view in another tab.

• You'd need to add the filter, change the view, and then you can copy the URL and paste it in a cell or use the Hyperlink feature to name the URL something else.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thanks @Andrée Starå I tried that at first and it just defaults to which ever filter is active on the page at the time. I have multiple filtered links on one project management page. When I go through and click each link to check on it, they all have the same filter as each other. I tried to copy and paste the link directly from the sheet as well as publish the filtered view in to the hyperlink.

I'm not getting the functionality I expected. I'll play around with it a little bit more and see where I can get.

Thanks for your help

~Sarah

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Sarah_lee123

Happy to help!

Have you checked if there's a Default Filter adding to the Sharing settings?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!