How to report by date

I am pretty new to Smartsheet and have done the basic training on sheets. I want to track calls received in a call center by date. So it is a simple count of rows by date, with a number for each date 1 or more calls was received. I have worked out a summary that gets me the total calls over a date range, but I have not worked out how to break it out by date so I see how many calls came in on each date.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/15/22

You would probably benefit from using a metrics sheet to do this.

Create a date column in the metrics sheet, with a date on each row. In a count column, use a COUNTIF to find the total # of calls that match that row's date:

=COUNTIF({Call Log Sheet Date Column}, Date@row)

where {Call Log Sheet Date Column} is a reference to the Date column in your call log sheet.

(When typing your COUNTIF formula, when you get to the opening parentheses [ =COUNTIF( ], Smartsheet will provide a link to Reference Another Sheet. Click on that, find your call log sheet, and select the Date column.)

COUNTIF Function | Smartsheet Learning Center

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• Ron R
    Ron R
    Answer ✓

Thank you. I worked it out using a report based on my call tracking sheet. Was able to then put a chart on a dashboard showing call counts by date.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!