Pie Charts with multiple percentages issue

Having an issue with my pie charts having multiple percentages. How do i get the graphs to show only one percentage?

The below is what I have set as my data range.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Garrett Ricker

Here you can select just the first two columns for your Pie Chart per-person. It will automatically translate the number into a % of the total Sum of values.

If that's not the correct percent to show, and you want a percent based on another value, then you can use the third column as your values but there will be two percents showing then when you hover over the piece of the pie (as you've seen).

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Hi @Garrett Ricker

Pie Charts will show both the cell value and the % value when you hover over the piece of the pie you want to evaluate.

Since you've selected the Percent as your source, this means that you see the percent twice: once as the value in the cell, and once as its percent value in the Pie chart.

I would suggest selecting the middle column as your values instead, so then when you hover over the Pie chart it will tell you 59% and (17) as the underlying value. Does that make sense?

There's an example of a Pie Chart in this Webinar, around 19 minutes in: SmartStart: Dashboards

Cheers,

Genevieve

• What about in this instance where we are looking at the % of overall submissions by an individual? Total of 29 total submissions across 3 teams.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Garrett Ricker

Here you can select just the first two columns for your Pie Chart per-person. It will automatically translate the number into a % of the total Sum of values.

If that's not the correct percent to show, and you want a percent based on another value, then you can use the third column as your values but there will be two percents showing then when you hover over the piece of the pie (as you've seen).

Cheers,

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!