Moving from JIRA server to Cloud with an existing smartsheet integration

SunilM
SunilM
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

We currently have an integration with JIRA server and Smartsheets for a datasheet.

Is there a way to migrate from JIRA server to cloud without impacting any data? Will smartsheet maintain the links to JIRA cloud after the migration.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @SunilM

These are two distinct servers, so you will need to re-create your workflows to map to the Cloud instance registration from in the connector.

You can review the steps to set up the Jira Connector for either Cloud or Self-Hosted in this Help Article: Creating Workflows: Getting Started

Cheers,

Genevieve

• @Genevieve P.

I opened a support ticket to ask basically the same question. I just want to make sure I'm correctly understanding your comment above. Are you saying just the mapping for the Connector needs to be changed from our self-hosted to our cloud instance - or are you saying every workflow I have configured will need to be redone. I have 48 workflows setup from Smartsheet to our self-hosted JIRA system so as you can imagine the idea of having to redo each one individually is not what I was hoping the answer would be!!! 🤔

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @P_Sharp_NHAUSA

Every workflow would need to be re-done. That said, since you're already engaging with Support, there may be a way that they can help you on the back-end if you don't have a timeline for when this needs to be up and running. I would suggest continuing to follow-up with them about this.

Thanks!

Genevieve