anyone else having automation processes disabled by system when requesting multiple updates?

I have setup some fairly involved automation process. it was working great until a few days ago... basically when a new row is added I have the system send off 7 different update request for the same row, each request has limits to what cells within the row they see and can update, it references a cell in the row for the email (autofilled by formula from the previous row) on where to send the updates. now all of a sudden these automation process are being disabled by system. but not always the same automation processes, it seems to rotate through the 7 different update requests, sometime on or two will be disable, sometimes 3 or 4. all I have to do is edit and save without making any changes and they are re-enabled... It is driving me crazy because I can't figure out how to stop it. I am thinking that it is an issue with the software but wanted to see if others are seeing something similar.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Kelson

Instead of having 7 different requests, if all of your workflows have the same trigger, have you tried using just one workflow but have all 7 actions in a row?

It may be that you're reaching a limit based on how the workflows are being triggered, so putting them within the same workflow could resolve the issue.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Need more help? 👀 | Help and Learning Center

こんにちは (Konnichiwa), Hallo, Hola, Bonjour, Olá, Ciao! 👋 | Global Discussions

Answers

• Kelson
    Kelson
    edited 03/14/22

Alright I figured out more about this and have made a work around, essentially Smart sheets is only allowing 4 update request to be sent out at the same time, I tried to build a ladder system into the sheet to make it send all 7 request one after another..... but apparently that isn't allowed?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Kelson

Instead of having 7 different requests, if all of your workflows have the same trigger, have you tried using just one workflow but have all 7 actions in a row?

It may be that you're reaching a limit based on how the workflows are being triggered, so putting them within the same workflow could resolve the issue.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Need more help? 👀 | Help and Learning Center

こんにちは (Konnichiwa), Hallo, Hola, Bonjour, Olá, Ciao! 👋 | Global Discussions

• That is what I ended up doing to fix it, the issue really was that I already had a working automation process and it just stopped working. it's fixed now.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!