Working day exceptions

Options

Is there a way to set up exceptions for working days? Lets say there will be a few weekends or a day that team would have to work during weekends.

Is there a way to set up these exceptions just like holidays are set?

Regards

Aider

Best Answer

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Aider

There isn't a way to set the date as a "working day" opposite to a Holiday date, however you can use Elapsed Time to include weekends and holidays within a task. For example, instead of a duration of "2", you could put "e2" which will then include weekend days.

See: Work with Duration and Predecessors

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Aider
    Aider ✭✭
    Options

Hello Genevieve

That was exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

• aneekahTAL
    aneekahTAL ✭✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P. Hi I tried this but it doesn't work for milestones, as I am unable to put e0. Any suggestions how to do this? I have a few milestone dates that fall over weekends and I need to show this on my plan.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @aneekahTAL

Yes you're correct, elapsed time doesn't work with milestones as they have 0 time associated with that task in the Duration column.

If you don't have any Predecessors associated with that row, you can simply apply the correct date to the milestone so it falls on a weekend:

If you do need to use Predecessors, having the milestone start on a Friday will have it begin on the weekend:

Or you could add some lag time to the Predecessor to push it out to the end of the weekend:

I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• aneekahTAL
    aneekahTAL ✭✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P. Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately it doesn't help as I need the date in the plan to show start on a weekend. i.e. start date must be Saturday. I'll figure something out that works for me.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!