projects with simultaneous/concurrent tasks

Hi,

How do you track dependencies and predecessors for tasks that are happening simultaneously rather than in a linear fashion? This isn't every task but some can be accomplished at the same time. I'm struggling with how these should be displayed for a project.

Thanks!!

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @rebcesarz

What I would personally do is set up a "SS" relationship between these rows... a "start - to - start" relationship, so that both tasks have the same Start Date. Then you can use the one with the later finish date as the one to base the following tasks on for your linear path.

Here's more information on the types of relationships you can build, see the bottom of the article: Enable Dependencies and Use Predecessors

Cheers!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @rebcesarz

What I would personally do is set up a "SS" relationship between these rows... a "start - to - start" relationship, so that both tasks have the same Start Date. Then you can use the one with the later finish date as the one to base the following tasks on for your linear path.

Here's more information on the types of relationships you can build, see the bottom of the article: Enable Dependencies and Use Predecessors

Cheers!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now